What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Do you love collaborating with great people?
- Are you thriving for continually growing and learning to be better at your work?
- Are you always in search of the root of a problem and want to find the best possible solution?
Then this position at memoQ may be just for you!
- If you love learning and would like to work with some of the best minds in the industry, memoQ, a global market leader in translation technologies and one of the top 500 fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, can be a great choice for your continued professional growth.
- If workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team, with enthusiastic and helpful coworkers.
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ to make your own decisions, optionally working from home and enjoying flexible working hours.
What you’ll do in this role at memoQ
As a member of memoQ’s Development Team, you will
- Build, test and maintain memoQ’s core code using C# and C++
- Be involved in technical and architectural decision-making processes
- Be encouraged to constantly learn and grow as a developer as it suits you best, like attending workshops, conferences or read as many books as you want from our library
- Help each other in the team to achieve tasks more efficientlyű
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all of our colleagues to improve.
- You have experience working with C# and its ecosystems
- You are not afraid to maintain C++ code
- You are keen to write tests alongside your code to be confident in its stability and quality (we test with NUnit in C# and use Catch2 for C++)
- You write clean and readable OOP code
- You are a quick thinker, able to solve complex problems with ease
- You are not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You are enthusiastic to learn new skills and share them with your colleagues
- You experience mistakes as part of being human instead of blaming the person who committed them (be it you or others) and regard it as an opportunity to learn and grow
- You are willing to take part in inevitably boring or dirty work as well as inspiring and interesting tasks
What will really knock our socks off
- If you have contributed to building a CI/CD pipeline that was used for developing, testing and deploying a product
Our tech stack C#
- We test with NUnit
- We store our NuGet packages in Nexus
- We use Cake to automate our build systems
- Our CI/CD pipeline is Jenkins
Our tech stack C++
- We use C++17
- We use CMake as a cross-platform build system
- We use Catch2 for unit testing
- We use the vcpkg package manager for cross-platform open-source libraries
- We use NuGet packages with C# interoperability for in-house projects
- We use RocksDB and flatbuffers for binary data storage
- Our CI/CD pipeline is Jenkins
How to apply
If you’re excited by this position, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, including your CV and a brief cover letter. We will be delighted to have a conversation about the vision and context of the products that you will help us build.
None of the Above Positions Fits You,
but You Would Like to Work at memoQ?
Send your CV and motivation letter in English to us. If your qualifications, professional experience and skills meet any other open positions, our HR Team will contact you.