What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Are you excited about solving problems and finding ways of making processes run smoother?
- Do you enjoy operating an infrastructure?
Then the DevOps Engineer role at memoQ may be just for you!
- If the workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team.
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ, the friendly environment, and the flexible work hours.
- If you like versatility, memoQ’s different deployment models and product varieties will suit you.
What you’ll do as DevOps Engineer
As DevOps engineer at memoQ, you will
- Maintain, configure and improve memoQ’s build infrastructure to ensure smooth developer experience.
- Take care of memoQ’s and other products’ CI processes.
- Work with Development Teams and provide them with a platform to be able to work efficiently.
- Look further into the future to ensure that memoQ’s strategic goals are met regarding infrastructure and deployment.
- Cooperate with other stakeholders, our IT Services department and QA
- Engage in communication and collaboration between Development, QA and IT Services to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production.
What we use
The tools we use are
but we are open to change and make our work as efficient as possible.
We have both Windows and Linux systems, both desktop and web-based products and we sell them both as installed applications and as SaaS.
We use Azure, MSBuild, Cake build scripting, NodeJS and Yarn, Inno Setup, Git-based versioning, NuGet packages.
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. And don’t worry if you don’t meet all the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help our colleagues to improve.
- You have a passion for technology and DevOps, to stay up to date with technological trends and a drive to learn constantly.
- You have considerable experience in build infrastructures, CI/CD but you’re always willing to learn something new.
- You are familiar with at least one IaC tool, like Terraform, Ansible or Puppet.
- You have a solid grasp of engineering tools and technology, and you are familiar with best practices but are also open to alternative solutions.
- You have worked both on a desktop and a SaaS product, and you are familiar with desktop (Windows) and web deployment
- You have experience with Docker
- You're conscientious and organized, delivering what you promise, meeting deadlines, and working to completion despite any distractions.
- You're not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense.
- You speak and write English fluently
- You live near or are willing to regularly travel to Budapest so you can spend some days in our head office every week (with plenty of flexible home office opportunities)
How to apply
If you’re excited by this position, please get in touch with us by clicking the button below, fill in the form & attache CV and a brief cover letter. We will be delighted to have a conversation with you about your experience and career goals, as well as the vision and context for the products that you will help us build.