What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Are you obsessed with understanding and analyzing a technical environment and delivering solutions to technical questions and issues?
- Do you love diving deep into complex problems, covering every angle and approach to make high-stakes decisions in a data-driven way?
- Are you driven by helping others grow through coaching, mentoring, and empowering your team so they can work autonomously and build fulfilling careers?
- Do you enjoy building partnerships with executive stakeholders to help drive long-term strategic and operational improvements across the organization?
- Do you just love the opportunity to change and innovate while making sure there is structure and clarity to everything you and your team do?
Then the Head of Development role at memoQ may be just for you!
- If you love learning and would like to work with some of the best minds in the industry, memoQ, a global market leader in translation technologies and one of the top 500 fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, can be a great choice for your continued professional growth
- If workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team.
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ, the friendly environment, and the flexible work hours.
What you’ll do as Head of Development
As Head of Development at memoQ, you will
- Work with the CTO and your team to analyze the current technological landscape, and revise and implement the technical strategy to be aligned with the company’s strategy and long-term goals.
- Be a leader to a team of about 25 developers in 6 teams, providing overall direction, coordination and collaboratively improving development processes, making sure that goals are achieved.
- Present plans and result inside and outside your team.
- Work with our Head of Product and your team leads, developers, Design, QA and Documentation Team Leads to align and optimize our development processes and efforts to be able to create an excellent quality software
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. And don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all of our colleagues to improve.
- You’re an analytic thinker who can see the whole landscape, but is also able to break down large problems into small ones, and who doesn’t stop there but also creates plans for solving them and carries the plans through.
- You have leadership skills to lead through motivating, coaching, and building partnerships with others both within and outside your line of authority
- You’re happy to specify goals and introduce processes where needed, but also flexible enough to give autonomy where it’s possible
- You can create a safe environment for your team, where people feel encouraged to ask for help, raise questions, challenge assumptions, experiment with new approaches, and step outside familiar territory to grow
- You drive discussions with team members, stakeholders, and customers collaboratively
- You have a solid grasp of the tools and technology development, and you are familiar with best practices but are also open to alternative solutions.
- You're conscientious and organized, delivering what you promise, meeting deadlines, and working to completion despite any distractions
- You're happy to dive deep into the details and get your hands dirty when needed
- You're not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You're able to prioritize and break down long-term goals into manageable milestones and bring out the best in other people to ensure team success
- You speak and write English fluently
- You live near or are willing to regularly travel to Budapest so you can spend some days in our head office every week (with plenty of flexible home office opportunities)
How to apply
If you’re excited by this position, please get in touch with us using the button below, submit your CV. We will be delighted to have a conversation with you about your experience and career goals, as well as the vision and context for the products that you will help us build.