Elevate your product leadership impact by leading product management at a $10m+ category leading B2B enterprise software company with tens of thousands of users in over 100 countries across the world.
What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Are you obsessed with understanding and delivering solutions to customers' pain points, without being distracted by too much information?
- Do you love diving deep into complex problems, covering every angle and approach to make high-stakes decisions in a data-driven way?
- Are you driven by helping others grow through coaching, mentoring, and empowering your team so they can work autonomously and build fulfilling careers?
- Do you enjoy building partnerships with executive stakeholders to help drive long-term strategic and operational improvements across the organization?
- Do you just love the opportunity to change and innovate while making sure there is structure and clarity to everything you and your team do?
Then the Head of Product role at memoQ may be just for you!
- If you love learning and would like to work with some of the best minds in the industry, memoQ, a global market leader in translation technologies and one of the top 500 fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, can be a great choice for your continued professional growth
- If workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team, with enthusiastic and helpful coworkers, experiencing a diversity of people and cultures every day
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ to make your own decisions, the flat organization (no micromanagement!), the family-friendly environment, and the flexible work hours
What you’ll do as Head of Product
As Head of Product at memoQ, you will
- Work with our Management team to shape memoQ’s product vision, product strategy, and positioning and align product management with our sales and marketing efforts
- Be a servant leader to a team of six Product Managers and a Product Operations Manager, providing overall direction, collaboratively improving continuous discovery processes to foster co-creation with users and stakeholders, scaling our product management infrastructure, and providing coaching and support
- Work with our Head of Development and our Development, Design, QA and Documentation Team Leads to align and optimize our product delivery processes and efforts
- Evangelize our product vision and strategy both inside and outside the company to help communicate memoQ’s differentiation and its user-centric and transparent product management principles
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. And don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all of our colleagues to improve.
- You have plenty of lateral leadership skills to go round so you can lead through motivating, coaching, and building partnerships with others both within and outside your line of authority
- You can create a psychologically safe environment for your team, where people feel encouraged to ask for help, raise questions, challenge assumptions, experiment with new approaches, and step outside familiar territory to grow
- You drive discussions with team members, stakeholders, and customers collaboratively and patiently, listening more than you talk to understand others’ objectives and needs and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- You have a solid grasp of the tools and techniques product leaders use to set and deliver on product vision and product strategy
- You have sound, user-centric ideas for scaling a product management organization to align team structure, continuous discovery processes, and product management tools and platforms to the needs of a growing user base and organization
- You have in-depth knowledge of, and experience using, a wide range of product discovery and delivery techniques so you can coach product managers and help them grow in their careers
- You have a knack for effortlessly relaying complex messages in a way that makes them sound simple, on point, and relevant
- You're conscientious and organized, delivering what you promise, meeting deadlines, and working to completion despite any distractions
- You're happy to dive deep into the details and get your hands dirty when needed
- You're not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You can differentiate between facts and assumptions, and are able to create and execute a process for validating the latter
- You're able to prioritize and break down long-term goals into manageable milestones and bring out the best in other people to ensure team success
- You have a working knowledge of product analytics solutions such as Hotjar and Google Analytics
- You’re familiar with (or have a willingness to learn about) software development principles like CI/CD, automated testing, and restful APIs
- You speak and write English fluently
- You live near or are willing to regularly travel to Budapest so you can spend some days in our head office every month (with plenty of flexible home office opportunities)
How to apply?
If you’re excited by this position, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV and a brief cover letter. We will be delighted to have a conversation with you about your experience and career goals, as well as the vision and context for the products that you will help us build.
None of the Above Positions Fits You,
but You Would Like to Work at memoQ?
Send your CV and motivation letter in English to us. If your qualifications, professional experience and skills meet any other open positions, our HR Team will contact you.