memoQ is a proprietary computer-assisted translation management software suite. It is developed by the software company memoQ Translation Technologies, established in 2004 and cited as one of the fastest growing companies in the translation technology sector (3x Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award winner). Our suite of products is helping thousands of skilled translators and hundreds of language service providers and enterprises across the world to improve their impact and performance. Learn more about us at www.memoq.com
What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Are you obsessed with understanding and delivering solutions to customers' pain points, without being distracted by too much information?
- Do you love diving deep into complex problems, covering every possible corner and scenario?
- Do you enjoy coordinating the work of a team, supporting others, and making sure things are always on track?
- Do you just love it when at the end of the day, there is structure and clarity to everything you do?
Then this position at memoQ may be just for you!
- If you love learning and would like to work with some of the best minds in the industry, memoQ, a global market leader in translation technologies and one of the top 500 fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, can be a great choice for your continued professional growth
- If workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team, with enthusiastic and helpful coworkers, experiencing a diversity of people and cultures every day
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ to make your own decisions, the flat organization (no micromanagement!), and the flexible work hours
What you’ll do in this role at memoQ
As a member of memoQ’s Product Team, you will
- Work with our executive team and the product team to actively shape our product strategy and roadmap
- Interview users and stakeholders to learn about their workflows and pain points
- Work with our developers, product team members, and our Services Team to bridge customer needs and technological capabilities, mapping technical options when developing product ideas
- Lead our product discovery process, working with our Design, Development, and QA teams as a key contributor and decision-maker to research, design, and specify the new features of a world-class SaaS product
- Manage the product development roadmap to ensure product launches happen on time
- Coordinate and continuously optimize the agile product design process so that we can deliver customer value at quality and speed
- Work with our QA and Support teams to make sure our product works flawlessly, diving deep into users' needs, workflows, and requests
- Share information broadly both inside and outside the company to help communicate our new features
- Be in charge of our agile boards and work with our Head of Documentation to ensure that no important task or information gets lost
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. And don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all of our colleagues to improve.
- You’re familiar with memoQ, and willing to learn it even more
- You speak and write English fluently
- You're a quick thinker, able to solve complex problems with ease
- You're conscientious and organized, delivering what you promise, meeting deadlines, and working to completion despite any distractions
- You're happy to dive deep into the details and get your hands dirty when needed
- You're not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You can differentiate between facts and assumptions, and are able to create and execute a process for validating the latter
- You seek input for decisions broadly both within and outside the organization, communicating with ease and transparency with different stakeholders
- You're able to prioritize and break down long-term goals into manageable milestones and bring out the best in other people to ensure team success
What will really knock our socks off
- You have thorough knowledge of preparing and running projects on a memoQ server
- You have experience creating, running and optimizing an agile product design process
- You have seen and worked on an agile board before and have ideas on how to use them productively to run sprints and manage documentation
- You have a working knowledge of (or a willingness to explore) software development principles like CI/CD, automated testing, and restful APIs
- You proactively keep improving yourself and learning about ways of broader product management methodologies
- You're familiar with some wireframing and design software solutions and may have worked with a couple of them
How to apply
If you’re excited by this position, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV and a brief cover letter. We will be delighted to have a conversation about the vision and context of the products that you will help us build.
None of the Above Positions Fits You,
but You Would Like to Work at memoQ?
Send your CV and motivation letter in English to us. If your qualifications, professional experience and skills meet any other open positions, our HR Team will contact you.