What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Are you obsessed with understanding and delivering solutions to customers' pain points, without being distracted by too much information?
- Do you love diving deep into complex problems, covering every possible corner and scenario?
- Do you enjoy coordinating the work of a big team, supporting others, and making sure things are always on track?
- Do you just love it when at the end of the day, there is structure and clarity to everything you do?
Then a Product Manager position at memoQ may be just for you!
- If you love learning and would like to work with some of the best minds in the industry, memoQ, a global market leader in translation technologies and one of the top 500 fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, can be a great choice for your continued professional growth
- If workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team, with enthusiastic and helpful coworkers, experiencing a diversity of people and cultures every day
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ to make your own decisions, the flat organization (no micromanagement!), and the flexible work hours
What you’ll do as Product Manager
As Product Manager at memoQ, you will
- Work with our executive team and our Sales and Marketing teams to actively shape our product strategy and roadmap
- Work with our developers, other Product Managers, and our Services Team to bridge customer needs and technological capabilities, mapping technical options when developing product ideas
- Lead our continuous discovery process, working with our Design, Development, and QA teams as a key contributor and decision-maker to research, design, and specify the new features of a world-class SaaS product and its payment and subscription management infrastructure
- Manage the product development roadmap for your swim lane to ensure product launches happen on time
- Coordinate and continuously optimize the agile product design process so that we can deliver world-class features at quality and speed
- Work with our QA and Support teams to make sure our product works flawlessly, diving deep into users' needs, workflows, and requests
- Share information broadly both inside and outside the company to help communicate new features
- Be in charge of our agile boards and work with our Head of Documentation to ensure that no important task or information gets lost
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. And don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all of our colleagues to improve.
- You have some previous experience in product management and are familiar with product discovery and validation techniques
- You're a quick thinker, able to solve complex problems with ease
- You're conscientious and organized, delivering what you promise, meeting deadlines, and working to completion despite any distractions
- You're happy to dive deep into the details and get your hands dirty when needed
- You're not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You can differentiate between facts and assumptions, and are able to create and execute a process for validating the latter
- You seek input for decisions broadly both within and outside the organization, communicating with ease and transparency with different stakeholders
- You're able to prioritize and break down long-term goals into manageable milestones and bring out the best in other people to ensure team success
- You have experience creating, running and optimizing an agile product design process
- You have seen and worked on an agile board before and have ideas on how to use them productively to run sprints and manage documentation
- You're familiar with some wireframing and design software solutions and may have worked with a couple of them
- You have a working knowledge of product analytics solutions such as Hotjar and Google Analytics
- You’re familiar with (or have a willingness to learn about) software development principles like CI/CD, automated testing, and restful APIs
- You proactively keep learning about ways of improving yourself as a Product Manager and about broader product management methodologies
- You speak and write English fluently
- You live near or are willing to relocate to Budapest so you can spend some days in our head office every week (with plenty of flexible home office opportunities)
How to apply
If you’re excited by this position, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, including your CV and a brief cover letter. We will be delighted to have a conversation with you about your experience and career goals, as well as the vision and context for the products that you will help us build.