What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you thrive on variety?
- Are you always in search of the root of a problem and want to find the best possible solution?
- Does helping customers solve real-world operational problems with technology solutions make your day?
- Do you love collaborating with great people?
- Do you enjoy mentoring others?
- Are you curious about linguistic technologies of all kinds?
Then this position at memoQ may be just for you!
- If you love learning and would like to work with some of the best minds in the industry, memoQ, a global market leader in translation technology and one of the top 500 fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, can be a great choice for your continued professional growth.
- If workplace atmosphere is important to you, you’ll love working as part of memoQ’s highly motivated, talented, international team, with enthusiastic and helpful coworkers.
- If you like freedom and flexibility, you’ll enjoy the autonomy you’ll get at memoQ to make your own decisions, optionally working from home and enjoying flexible working hours.
What you’ll do in this role at memoQ
As a senior member of memoQ’s Business Services Team, you will
- Design, build, test and maintain solutions that extend memoQ’s core functionality using C#, .NET Core, Java, plus our APIs and SDKs
- Discover and conceptualize real-life problems related to automation and systems integration
- Build solutions and integrations that directly create value for our customers and impact the life of people using memoQ technology
- Liaise with the core development team and external developers
- Mentor junior colleaguesin coding best practices
- Constantly learn and grow as a developer as it suits you best, for example attending workshops, conferences or reading as many books as you want from our library
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all our colleagues to improve.
- You have experience working with C# and Java and their ecosystems
- You are motivated by exploring interoperability between memoQ and 3rd party applications
- You are adept at multitasking and can switch elegantly between a variety of simultaneous projects
- You like to work autonomously or in a small team
- You like talking with customers about technical matters and take pride in enhancing customer satisfaction by providing imaginative solutions to address their pain points
- You are keen to write tests alongside your code to be confident in its stability and quality
- You write clean and readable OOP code
- You are a quick thinker, able to solve complex problems with ease
- You are not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You are enthusiastic to learn new skills and share them with your colleagues
- You experience mistakes as part of being human instead of blaming the person who committed them (be it you or others) and regard it as an opportunity to learn and grow
- You are willing to take part in inevitably boring or dirty work as well as inspiring and interesting tasks
What will really knock our socks off
- That you have hands-on technical knowledge about content management systems such as AEM or Monday.com
- That you are familiar with relational databases
- That you are familiar with the internals of linguistic file formats such as TMX, XLIFF, TBX in addition to your knowledge of Unicode and formats like XML
- That you have contributed to building a CI/CD pipeline that was used for developing, testing, and deploying a product
Our tech stack
- We write backend code in C# and .NET Core, and sometimes Java
- Our fancy UIs are built with React, but we don’t sneer at plain HTML/CSS where simplicity is more important
- We are not afraid of the command line
- We manage our code in Gitlab
- Our CI/CD pipeline is Jenkins
How to apply
- If you’d like to apply for this position, please, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be delighted to have a conversation about the vision and context of the products that you will help us develop, as well as the important mission within memoQ that the Business Services team fulfils.