memoQ is a proprietary computer-assisted translation management software suite. It is developed by the software company memoQ Translation Technologies, established in 2004 and cited as one of the fastest growing companies in the translation technology sector (3x Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award winner). Our suite of products is helping thousands of skilled translators and hundreds of language service providers and enterprises across the world to improve their impact and performance. Learn more about us at: www.memoq.com
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• As a member of our growing development team, your primary task will be to participate in the development of our strategic product, memoQ.
• While we add new features to our products, we started a multi-year project to refactor the underlying tech stack into a microservice architecture, which can serve our customers’ increasing need for scalability, performance and high-availability. This assumes that you’ll regularly find yourself discussing design and architectural questions with the other developers and participate in implementing them.
• We also have an innovation lab, where we try out new ideas as well as new technology. Our developers regularly participate in these experiments.
• In our growing development team we are dedicated to give juniors opportunities to prove their talent. We expect seniors to take responsibility in their development and guide them through their first steps.
• Solid command of Java or C#. Comparable experience with other programming languages is also fine.
• Solid understanding of the theoretical minimum of computer sciences (data structures, algorithms, complexity, design patterns, etc.)
• Experience with microservices, scalable and HA systems, software security is a plus.
• Experience in the translation industry is also an advantage.
• We’re looking for excellence. One of our values is to pursue excellence by continuous learning, and we also find it important to share what we learnt with each other. We also believe that one of the best sources of learning is our own mistakes, and we encourage our developers to consider them as such rather than blaming each other.
• In our approach to software development you’ll almost always have more questions than answers. We assume that you find this uncertainty inspiring rather than inhibiting, and it will even more motivate you to work out a working solution via a healthy mixture of individual work and collaboration, experiments and hard work, meanwhile you find this as exciting as we do.
• However, we also believe that the ultimate measure and goal of software development is working software created for real customers, and everybody must take their fair share of every aspect of the development lifecycle, many steps of which are sometimes inevitably boring or dirty work, until 100% completion. Presumably you also accept that this often involves dropping your favorite piece of code, idea, technology, etc. either for simplicity, or in favor of other solutions from other people. We assume that the satisfaction that in most cases collaboration produces better software outweighs personal proudness.
Location: Budapest, IX. district. Compensation: Competitive salary. Contact: If you feel you possess the skills listed above and you are interested in the job, please send your CV to email@example.com
None of the Above Positions Fits You,
but You Would Like to Work at memoQ?
Send your CV and motivation letter in English to us. If your qualifications, professional experience and skills meet any other open positions, our HR Team will contact you.