Compatibility with other tools
memoQ is compatible with most other translation tools. You can import, translate and export the proprietary files of other translation tools as well as use standards aimed to improve compatibility.
SDL Trados Workbench / SDL Trados Studio
- SDL Packages: memoQ can import and export SDL Studio packages (*.sdlppx). SDLPPX files are ZIP files and contain a descriptive XML, the documents for translation in SDLXLIFF format, the translation memories and term base.
- SDLXLIFF: XLIFF is a bilingual file format for the interchange of translatable content. SDLXLIFF is the flavor of XLIFF used by Trados.
- TTX files: TTX are bilingual files used in Trados TagEditor. memoQ can import and export these files. Please be aware that this may require pre-segmentation by your customer (Tools | Translate | Segment unknown sentences in Trados).
- Trados bilingual RTF: Bilingual DOC/RTF was the primary bilingual document format of older version of Trados. memoQ can import and export such files.
- Terminology: memoQ can import and export MultiTerm XML files. It can also import terminology which is stored in the Excel, CSV or TBX file formats.
- Translation memory: memoQ has special tools to import Trados-generated TMX files and improve the leverage.
Plugin for SDL Trados Studio
The plugin allows users of SDL Trados Studio to access translation
memories both from Language Terminal and from memoQ servers.
- Wordfast Classic bilingual DOC files: memoQ can import and export bilingual DOC files from Wordfast Classic. When exporting a bilingual DOC for use with Wordfast you should treat them as Trados bilingual DOC file.
- TXML: TXML is an XML-based bilingual document format used by Wordfast Pro. memoQ can import and export TXML files.
- Translation memory: memoQ has special tools to import Wordfast-generated TMX files and improve the leverage.
- STAR Transit packages (*.pxf, *.ppf): A STAR Transit package can contain one or more documents
for translation, as well as reference materials consisting of previously translated documents and terminology. These files can be imported to and exported from memoQ.
Transit does not use a centralized translation memory. Instead, it reads previously translated documents directly for this purpose. Transit reference material can be imported into a memoQ translation memory when the package is imported.
- Worldserver bilingual documents (*.xlz): memoQ can import and export bilingual documents coming
from SDL Worldserver, together with segment status mapping and other workflow-specific improvements. Support for WSXZ is available since 2014.
- XLIFF: The majority of translation tools allow for import and export of XLIFF files which contains the source and target content. memoQ can import and export these XLIFF files.
- Translation memory: memoQ can import translation memories using the TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) format. It is also possible to import a translated blingual file and save the contents to a translation memory.
- Terminology: memoQ can import terminology in a number of formats
including TBX (Term Base eXchange), Multiterm XML, Excel and CSV.